Friday, October 21, 2011

Turkey Trot, Here I Come

I have entered my first "event." Headed where my heart is...home! I am from the BEST city in this state...Houston! So, this is where I will be for Thanksgiving, and Kevin and I have signed up for the annual Turkey Trot! Last year, we were in Houston, staying at the Aloft hotel on Westheimer. For breakfast Thanksgiving morning, we sat on the porch, ate our sandwiches, drank coffee, and watched the Trotters go by (very relaxing, btw). We decided this year we would join the crowd.

The registration fee goes to a local charity for the elderly, so that's a good thing. My high school friend is joining us, and here's how that conversation went down...(condensed version)

Me: We'll be in Houston for Thanksgiving, and doing the Turkey Trot. Wanna trot too?

Her: I should be able to do that. And we are walking right, not running???

Me: Absolutely!! And the 5K, NOT the 10K.

Her: LOL! Ok, good!

So, we will trot (or more likely saunter) through the Galleria area for 3.1 miles. I'm excited! I had always wondered about the Trot growing up. Now, I'll know :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment