Tuesday, October 25, 2011

20 lbs And Counting

First, I would like to pat myself on the back (pat, pat, pat). Although, I'm still working on finding a steady schedule for the gym, I have overcome my unwillingness to go. (pat, pat, pat). I'm there usually 4 times a week now, and get upset when I don't make it. I even rearrange my schedule if I know I won't be able to make a "normal" time. WHO AM I??? Anyway...pat, pat, pat.

Next hurdle...weight loss! AAAAAHHHHHHKKKKKK!!!!! I'm sorry, what did I just say??? Oh yeah, weight loss..BOO on that! Why I keep choosing the holiday seasons to start these endeavors, I have NO idea! I have been the exact same weight for the past 10 months. I have been mainly focusing on gym stuff, and somewhat focusing on food stuff. I think I have enough of a routine going at the gym, to switch up the focus. Gym on the side burner...food on the front burner. OH...not to actually burn the food though...blech :-)

CONFESSION TIME (and I did get new clothes over the weekend, thank you very much!):
I've lost the motivation for all this as it pertains to my health. I really could care less when it's put in that perspective. I have found that smaller goals, that are less nebulous, suit me better. For example, meeting up with a bunch of people from college that I hadn't seen in years...that was motivation. Being able to walk the Turkey Trot and not plop...that's motivation. Going skiing with family in February...that's motivation. Training for a promotion at work, and wanting to look better for that position when the time comes...that's motivation. Not getting my butt kicked on next year's 40 mile bike ride...that's motivation.

So, let the next drama begin. I would like to lose 15 lbs by the ski trip. That's roughly 5 lbs a month...DURING THE HOLIDAYS!!!! Insane in the brain...insane in the membrane...

Here's the "weight loss tickler" I created to track said goal:



And then the additional 5 pounds by the bike ride in April...

No comments:

Post a Comment