Friday, October 14, 2011

Life's True Test Is How You Handle Plan B

One of Kevin's FB friends posted that last week, and I thought it appropriate for recent events.

Needless to say, Plan B and I have been in a dysfunctional, co-dependent relationship since birth. There have been several key life moments that have been defined by the need for Plan B. A few of them still rattle my brain, but for the most part Plan B and I dance together nicely. This week, however, if Plan B doesn't stop stepping on my toes, I'm gonna punch her in the nose :)

I had an exercise goal set. I've been working toward that goal for MONTHS!

Strike One: The trainer that was helping me with this goal, Brother Mike, well, he quit. Ok, no problem, back to The Mick.

Strike Two: Killer truly kills me every time I go. Maybe it's because I'm 37 and can't bounce back the way I used to. OR maybe it's because I'm really that out of shape, and this is the price I pay. OR maybe both! Recovery can take DAYS!! And sometimes recovery from her workouts include sleeping all day afterwards, and/or missing work due to ongoing exhaustion! BUT, because of my wanting to acheive the goal, I kept taking the punches, thinking it would be over soon.

Strike Three: The goal I had been working toward was taken away from me. Out of my control events have taken place, and BAM, goal is gone!

I'M OUT!

And, I have not handled that well this week. I cancelled all my training sessions, and haven't been to the gym once! Searching for a new goal has been difficult.

Maxine has captured my sentiment for this situation:

No comments:

Post a Comment