Thursday, October 6, 2011

Set My House On Fire?? WHAT?!?!!


I had been training with Brother Mike for about 4 weeks when The Mick comes back to the gym from his cruise. He told me that he was going to have surgery (that he won't say for what), but don't give up on him, because he would be back. Ok, will do! He has his surgery, a couple more weeks go by, he returns. Everybody I know that works out there is wondering what kind of secret surgery he had. He tells everybody, "I can't lift more than 10 lbs" so we all, of course, think something below the belt has occured. I mean, for crying out loud, he has no reservation telling me about the fact that he is on only one medication...for his prostate!...which is "good for a 77 yr old man." GEESH! OK!!

Remember now, he's the jealous type!

First week back - He comes over to where I'm doing crunches with Brother Mike and says, "Don't get used to this guy." (insert his fake laugh here).

Second week - I'm doing arm thingy whatnots, and he walks over and says, "I don't think he's working you out hard enough." (insert evil fake laugh here)

The next session - I'm walking up to the trainer area where we log in and he says, "If you don't start training with me again, I'm going to burn down your house. I can find where you live." (insert that same creepy evil fake laugh)

DUDE! Did I just hear that right?! DUDE! I laugh back with my "just try and do something old man" fake laugh. Here's where those sympathetic to the cause would say, "Awwww...he misses you!" Yeah!

Anyway, it was then when he told me he was going to tell me what his surgery was for. OH NO, I'm thinking! Now, if I'm lying, I'm dying...and I feel pretty good right now :-) Are you ready...cuz I wasn't! He had some work done on his face and chin!!! A FACE LIFT!! Took out the bags under his eyes, and took out the "gobbler" under his chin. I kid you not, this guy is full of surprises.

Now, long story short...he has now told me his is not going to burn down my house, because I started back with him tonight. PHEW!? Also, interestingly, Brother Mike isn't working there anymore. Coincidence, or evil plot?? Hmmmm.....

No comments:

Post a Comment