Saturday, October 29, 2011

Burn It Up!!


Ok, I lost 3 lbs this week...woohoo. Then why am I so overwhelmed with it all again? I want to crawl under the covers again, and hide for about a month. Anyway, here's the latest from the greatest...The Mick:

The Mick: Do you want to know how to lose weight?

Me (thinking this is a trick question): Sure

The Mick: I say eat anything you want. All this hype about these diets is a bunch of bologna. Go ahead and eat chicken fried steak, cheeseburgers, heck, anything you want.

Me (waiting for the punch line): Ok??

The Mick: BURN IT UP!! When I was your age, I was running 20 miles a day, eating whatever I wanted. That's the thing...you just gotta burn it up!

Me: (just shaking my head in disbelief thinking...OH! OK! What am I doing here...I gotta go run, Forrest!)

2 comments:

  1. I say eat a healthy diet so you don't have to spend all day burning it up. Plus, foods like that are horrible for heart health and so many other things. I disagree with Mick 100% on this one.

    ReplyDelete