Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Hiatus from the Gym

I am taking a week off! Do not be alarmed! I need to regroup mentally and physically. I like to go, go, go, then take a look at what I've been doing, so I can see where to go, go, go next. This is me "taking a look." I've revamped my eating habits again, taking the calories back down to where they need to be. My muscles are recouping from the last 3 months of the grind at the gym. I've done well going to the gym 4 times a week, and I think I can keep that up pretty well. I've been making progress on the treadmill, and can do more each time I get on that thing. I am STILL stuck at needing to lose 30 more pounds, and that is why I'm really focussing on tweaking my eating habits this week. Of course, like I said before...baseball starts this week!!! Not eating so healthy for dinner tomorrow, but I can watch what I eat throughout the day, and not eat so much junk for dinner. I just said "I can." We'll see if "I do"...LOL!

This really has been harder than I thought it was going to be. I looked over my weight graph since I started all this in June last year. I've been all over that thing, and I'm not much closer to my goal than I was then. CRAP! The part that's harder is the amount of focus and will-power needed to pull this off. I wasn't really prepared for that part of it. BUT, now I know, and (let's all say it together) "knowing is half the battle." I like the healthier food just fine. The amount of calories isn't an issue either. I end up feeling full more often than I expect. I just have these natural tendencies that are actually bad habits of overeating greasy, fried, sugary, buttery goodness that must be overcome. BUT, not until after tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment