Sunday, March 13, 2011

10.5 Miles!

Farfalle Viola rides again! Took my bike out today for the first time this spring. It was overcast and a bit breezy (14 mph winds, with 19mph gusts). Doned my fancy pants, and did 10.5 miles easy! This is a good thing since I'm doing the 40 mile bike ride again in May. This time last year, knowing the ride was coming, I was still hoping the girls were going to cancel so I wouldn't have to get in shape. With 40 days to go, realizing they weren't backing out of it, I could only ride 3.5 miles, and training for it was one of the hardest things I'd done. Not this time. Glad it won't be such a difficult task. I can hopefully have some fun with the training this time.

Let's take a look at last year's "physique"



And now today's "physique"


I've lost my spare tire belly :-) That's pretty exciting!! The pooch is gone!! I still have my hips, and tree trunk legs, but hey...gotta start somewhere ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment