Monday, March 28, 2011

BASEBALL STARTS THIS WEEK!!!!!

I picked a heck of a week to reduce eating out :-) First, Kevin and I are off today, and we are going to Rockwall and checking out The Harbor on Lake Ray Hubbard. We plan on spending the day there...lunch, movie, massage, dinner. That would entail eating out twice just today...lol! THEN, Thursday is the day of all days, the highlight of my Spring, the joy of my Summer...Baseball season starts! SO...of course we are going to go somewhere to watch it! That always includes food! This is what I mean about food being for entertainment. It's to enjoy days off, it's to celebrate the beginning of baseball season. This is what I do, however now it's more what I did. Quite a challenge, but I'm up for it. I take you, challenge of entertaing food, and...well, that's where it stops. I have no idea. It just sounded good when I started typing.

As a native Houstonian, I am, and will forever be, a DisAstros fan. My second home was the Astrodome. We had season tickets every year, and went all the time. For the last 5 or so years of the Dome, we had front row seats on the 3rd base line. How can you not love the game when you're that close to the action?! So, the Astros are in another "rebuilding" year, and while they "shouldn't" be as bad as they were last year, they certainly are not going to be a contender. I still have a hard time caring about the Rangers, even though that's where we live now. Not that I don't like them, I just don't get into them as much. I was actually rooting for and glad the Giants won the World Series last year because there were former Astros players on the team. I was glad to see them get somewhere. Anyway...this has nothing to do with health. Yes it does! Mental health :-)

1 comment:

  1. I'm a follower now! What great posts! Thanks for posting your blog on FB!

    ReplyDelete