Friday, July 9, 2010

Two Weeks

It's already been two weeks since I found out the news about my "rising cholesterol." Honestly, it feels like much longer. Not sure why, but things are moving in the right direction for the most part.

1. I've already lost 8.5 lbs. I'm assuming that was mostly water weight, but that is a good start.

2. I've drastically changed what I eat and how much I eat. This has been an ok to brutal experience so far. Ok, meaning I'm fortunate to enjoy most foods, and I grew up on mostly fat free/sugar free stuff anyway because of mom and dad's conditions. Most of the foods remind me of what my mom used to make, crazy as it sounds. Brutal, meaning the mental exercise to not eat what I want every meal and in between hasn't been the easiest.

3. I've lost some sleep over this. I'm really worried wondering if I have done irreparable damage of some sort by not taking care of myself. Logically, probably not, but still working that out emotionally. I think I see too many dialysis patients on a daily basis, and have become sucked in. BUT, some of them are my age, and they can't turn back...what's done is done. Been praying about this, because worrying doesn't provide any benefit to anyone. Logically, I know it is what it is. I can only do my very best, sprinkled in with my inevitable flaws, and have faith that God is watching over and taking care of the entire show.

4. I really like bike riding!! It has been great for so many things!! I finally figured out how to make the bike at the gym comparable to riding outside. Level 9 - hill program!! Also, there is an aerobics class called "Boot Camp" that I've attended in the past, and am prepping for. I hope to start that once a week, starting next week. Takes a lot of stamina and muscle. Stamina is not the issue...lol!!

That's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment