Thursday, July 15, 2010

The Hangover

After I blew it last night and indulged in my burrito, I woke up this morning with a tremendous headache. I don't remember the last time I had a headache. I can only deduce that because I ate out twice yesterday, once without caution, I paid for it this morning. Perhaps I'm getting used to not having whatever it was in that food...salt, fat, both. So, after some ibuprofen and LOTS of water, I'm better.

I know I've said this before, but I'm just stunned at how much sodium is in restaurant food. I suppose I shouldn't be eating out, and that will be hard to change. Maybe I can try eliminating one night out at a time, but where to start?? I'm gonna have to ponder this one. I already changed my lunch habits after I was sick with bronchitis last holiday season. I only bring my food now, because I felt going out was hurting my immune system after I read some stuff on it. I rarely leave for lunch now...only for "occasions." I guess I could apply the same principle to dinner.

I heard a preacher say once, during a lesson on marriage, that home should be a place you want to go at the end of the day. That just popped in my head, so I spit it out there. I guess the parallel is that I need to make dinner a part of that place I want to go at the end of the day. Dinner is what gets me. Unprepared for it means going out.

Sometimes, after working all day (which means about a 10 hour day on my feet for at least half of it) all I want to do is sit, which lends itself to sitting in the truck to go sit at a restaurant for dinner. I wonder how Kevin feels about getting dinner ready...never asked. I'm going in...

No comments:

Post a Comment