Friday, September 30, 2011

Light Switch Moment

New York City! Awesome place! Two things:

1. Everyone walks everywhere, and guess what? No fat people. Seems pretty logical. Therefore, I am now walking more places. We have everything we need, minus the grocery store, within a 30 minute walking radius. It's on!

2. After eating my weight in cheesecake, deli sandwhiches, street food, and the like, I have had no desire whatsoever for anything but healthy food since we returned home. Today, I even resisted BBQ and mini bundt cakes!

HA! SHE CAN BE TAUGHT!!

Here are some pics of our NYC trip! There was more than food...lol!

Day One:
Mama Mia on Broadway and Lunch at Stage Deli

Day 2:
Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, me pointing to my grandfather's name on the wall of immigrants on Ellis Island (from Poland), and what would be a rained out game at Yankee Stadium that was made up on day 4.

Day 3 (The day named as "Quantity not Quality")
Subway mosaics, machine gun wearing NYPD in front of the Empire State Building, Tibetan protestors, FAO Schwartz, visit to Tiffanys, NY Public Library (Ghostbusters moment), and a stop at Times Square after Phantom on Broadway (notice I'm on the bottom of the screen in the red dress...ha)

Day 4:
We found a neighborhood church (it was Sunday...no pic), ate great Italian food (no pic...uh, hello, what was I thinking?), went back for the make-up Yankee game, and ate at Carnegie Deli. This is mac and cheese with pastrami. I think it's still floating in my veins somewhere :-)
Now if I can ever figure out how to make the pics bigger, I'll be a happy blogger. Until then, have a nice day :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment