Tuesday, September 13, 2011

We All Fall Down

This entry is about the humbling exeperience I like to call "working out at the gym." Oh wait...that's really what it is. Anyway...

Saturday
I was working out with Killer doing leg exercises. (She likes her nickname, btw). She had me doing a super set between the hamstring machine and the glut machine. I got about 1/2 of the way through it and the room started spinning.

Me: "Whew! I'm feeling a bit dizzy."
Killer: "Get on the floor. Now."
Me: Hesitate - "Ok..." and I sit down.

She tells a story about how too many people don't listen to her, and most of the time it's too late when someone finally mentions they are dizzy...they are already going down. I see her point. I start to feel better, and get two more sets in before the room starts going again, only worse. I pause.

Me: "Wow! This is crazy."
Killer: "On the floor. Now."
Me: I sit down again.

30 minutes later I feel like getting up. I was embarassed. Not only was Killer there, but Army Guy came to help out too. He told a story about almost passing out during the week with chest exercises. The guy next to us also told stories about almost passing out. Apparently, it happens, and it just hadn't happenend to me yet. The concensus was that I probably needed to eat more. I did eat, but just not enough...maybe. It could have been lots of things, so I'll work on eliminating "those things."

Monday
I have noticed that since I've been off my blood pressure meds, my pressure is low on days after I work out, and high on days after I don't. Go figure! So, I've added 3 more cardio workouts to my week. I'm now in for 3 spin classes, on MWF at 5:45am. Monday was my first Monday. It kicked my butt all over the place and then some. What was humbling was that there was a girl in there that was more than twice my size. She was able to keep up with everything. She's probably been going to this class for a while now. She's obviously been working hard. It was very impressive. I, on the other hand, started laughing out loud at one point, because I just couldn't keep up. Give it time, give it time. Tomorrow is a new day, with a new instructor! HA!

No comments:

Post a Comment