Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Looking For An Event

So, I guess it's time I become "one of those people." You know the people I'm talking about. The event people. Now, don't get me wrong...I understand these events usually raise money for very good causes. Not sure why I'm so opposed to becoming one of those people, but I've already become a gym person. Oy vey with the new labels!! JK!

I've found this website that shows the local stuff for 2012.

http://www.halfmarathons.net
(Ok, and not being the best at blogging, I haven't quite figured out how to make the web address a link to the website. Be patient...knowledge will come to those who blog)

There's always the Turkey Trots across Texas during Thanksgiving. This one being in Houston, where I spend most Thanksgivings.


Maybe I should find a cause I am into, and do it that way. Obviously, I would be interested in raising money for SEVERAL things including, ovarian cancer, diabetes, heart health, adoption, suicide prevention, etc, etc, etc. Seem to be quite a few around, so let me consult with my social advisor, and revisit this topic soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment