Monday, February 14, 2011

The Sauna

Back to my observations of gym activity...

My friend, Nellie, works out at the LA Fitness in Lewisville. She told me I "HAD" to try out the sauna BEFORE my workouts.

My question: "What do you wear?"
Her answer: "Everything! Shirt, shorts, shoes, everything!"

Sounded good enough to try out, so I did, and to my surprise everyone in there was also wearing everything...PHEW!!! I was so impressed with how relaxed I was after just 5 minutes, that I have become hooked on starting that way now. I've been doing this for a couple of weeks, and everyone is always fully dressed...SUCH a relief!

Yesterday, my friend Lisa, tells me I "HAVE" to try out the sauna AFTER my workouts.

My question: "Isn't it way too hot after a workout?"
Her answer: "Wait before you go in. It REALLY helps you to not be sore later!"

Again, sounded good enough to try out. It wasn't as hot as I thought it would be, and it relaxed me, so yea! Tonight, after my workout, I do the same thing. I sat in there about 10 minutes, and on my way out...a 45-ish year old lady was walking in wearing just a towel. SO glad I was on my way out!!!!! I guess she didn't get the memo that we wear EVERYTHING in the sauna. Eeeewww!

No comments:

Post a Comment