Friday, February 11, 2011

Graduated To The Mat

In my first post about working out, I told the story of how The Mick said he wanted me to get to a point where I could be on the floor mat for core exercises, but for now, let's sit in a chair. Well, GUESS WHAT?!?!? This cupcake has graduated to the floor mat, baby!! Did a bunch of just regular sit-ups, then added a 10 lb weight to it. Could do all the little movements and what nots, except when I went back to the regular sit ups holding the 10 lb weight against my chest. "Hello, Cupcake!" is no longer the name of a very cool cupcake cookbook...it's me when I hit the brick wall of weakness! Whatev...I was on the floor mat!!! WOOHOO!!!

So, I've gained 1.5 lbs back this week. Understandable with all things considered, and my bad habits trying to rear their ugliness in the face of "bipolar week" (see last entry). I'm actually very happy with this. It's a HUGE change in the right direction for me. Just gotta keep it going.

Tonight, is a special night. K-dawg and I are going to stay at the Farimont in Dallas and have a lovely dinner at Dakota's steak house. Thinking this is going to be our last Valentine's day without kids, we are going all out :-) Can't wait! And, no, that has nothing to do with working out or eating right, but I thought I'd add it anyway :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment