Saturday, January 15, 2011

Taking It Up A Notch

I've decided I am a cupcake. I am so much weaker than I thought I was, and there ain't nothing like a 77 yr old man to prove that to you. This week, he took it up a notch working out my arms, and when I got home on Monday, I couldn't make dinner. Then, on Thursday, I worked my core so much that I had a repeat of Monday. I couldn't even get up off the big chair for a couple of hours. I just get all twitchy and spasmy and floppy feeling. BUT, I could do the floor exercises without losing my balance, so I guess twitchy, spasmy, and floppy eventually end up ok.

Also, he told me I don't breathe correctly. I was like...whatever dude, I can breathe. Basically, I've been breathing using my stomach muscles, not my diaphram. He had me hold in my stomach, keeping it still, while I use my diaphram to breathe. And...wha'da'ya'know...it was TOTALLY different. I take in so much more air!!! I have more energy. Now, I still have to focus on this change, but I'm sure it will become more natural. I can totally tell when I'm not doing it right, because now I know I'm not getting enough air. WHO KNEW!?!?

I haven't lost any weight yet, but I probably need to go to the gym more than twice a week to make that happen...LOL! It's all in the details. I had gone three times for the past couple of weeks, but this week it didn't happen. And in my best whiney voice, I say Change is hard!! Whaaaaah!! OH...and this week it has been a month since I started. I get measured again this week...eeeeeeek!!

So, I've already been to the grocery store for this week, and plan on making dinner in advance for this week. Lots of fruits and veggies involved. I've become a new fan of putting blueberries and raspberries in yogurt. I also really like this AHA recipe for Chex mix. Trying to add more seafood, less red meat for the whole cholesterol thing. Still using the AHA cookbook, made shrimp gumbo last week...making tilapia with a tomato/caper topping this week. Also, excited about a chicken salad recipe for lunch this week.

Maybe I'll go to the gym tomorrow...maybe...

No comments:

Post a Comment