Saturday, January 1, 2011

All By Myself

Today, I took the leap. I went to the gym on my own, and followed the instructions left for me in my workout journal by The Mick. It was interesting. Different from any time before, because I actually had a plan and knew what to expect. There was no guessing what weight I could handle on this machine or that. There was no wondering if I was using the machine correctly. In the past, I've always been self conscious that the people around me can tell that I have absolutely NO IDEA what I'm doing. None of that today. Just followed the instructions. Then, when I came home, I wasn't totally wiped out. In the past, I've always worked myself to a pooped out state by the time I get home. Don't get me wrong, I'm sore and tight and not sure how I'm going to move come morning. The difference is that I still have energy. I do still have one thing that causes my self-consciousness to get stirred up and in a tizzy...my butt is big, and it gets accentuated in those workout capris. I know I'm not the biggest person in the gym, however my butt is big...

No comments:

Post a Comment