Monday, January 24, 2011

Steroids?? Me?? LOL, Yeah Right!!!

So, I was getting measured tonight, and the first thing that got measured was my neck. The Mick is not The Measurer, it's some other dude that's about 7 ft tall, and quite bulky. Anyway, my neck went up half and inch. Keep in mind that I have a thyroid with a mind of it's own, and when it is acting up, it swells up. This is my internal explaination of the bigger neck...here's what comes out of my mouth:

Mr. Quite Bulky: Huh? Your neck is up by half and inch.
Me: Oh, that's just the steroids kicking in.
Mr. Quite Bulky: (Silence) (Glaring, evil look)
Me: I'm just kidding! Do I really look like I'm a person that takes steriods?
Mr. Quite Bulky: Well, you better not be. (insert glaring, evil look)
Me: Trust me! I'm not!!

Lesson learned - NEVER joke about taking steriods with Mr. Quite Bulky, or probably anyone else who works at a gym. Mental note has been taken...GEESH!!

After the measurements were taken, I got a lecture from Mr. Quite Bulky about how I don't come the gym enough. If you've read the entry just before this one, you will know that I already know this. So, maybe that was the "focus" I was looking for. They suggest 5 days a week...3 wieght lifting days, and 2 cardio, with 2 days rest every week. Deep breath.....oh yeah...exhale....

Also, The Mick just says so many things during my workouts, that I just can't let them go undocumented.

First, he's having to increase his cardio workouts because part of his job at the gym is going to be teaching aerobics classes! Dude is 77 yrs old and teaching aerobics!!! He's a little nervous about it...poor guy! WHATEVER!!! Suck it up, Cupcake...LOL!

Then, at the risk of sounding riskay (turning into a bit of a PG-13 here)...there's this machine that works out your inner thighs. You start sitting up on the machine with your legs bent and spread out, then with weight resistance, you bring your knees together. You can adjust the part of the machine your legs move. Evidently, people of my cupcakiness, can only adjust it out to a 5 or 6. I went straight to 7. He literally said, "Wow! I've never seen anyone in your shape be able to spread it out so far." PLEASE, tell me what I'm supposed to say to that?!?!?!!!!!! GOOD GRIEF!!! Who knew the gym had so many inuendos. I mean, I guess I could have figured that out, but I'm such an innocent girl...LOL!!! He went straight into the explaination about the 5s and 6s. Thank goodness!!

No comments:

Post a Comment