Friday, April 1, 2011

Opening Day Adjustments

The original plan was to have various flavors of wings and fries from Wingstop, chips and queso from chilis, and Coke (for me)/Pepsi (for Kevin).

Ok, so I just couldn't do it. I just couldn't scrap all the hard work I did this week on one meal. I looked at the calories of wings at Wingstop...110 per wing...ugh. I looked at calories of french fries...same thing. Let's not mention the sodium in all that. I just couldn't do it. So, I started looking at alternatives. The Chef in me kicked in, and I made a list of what food would be "normal" at a ball park. Then, I started thinking of how to alter that. Here's what I came up with...


This was my meal...turkey chili frito pie, with low sodium fritos and fat free cheese. Homemade avocado dip with just avocados, lime, garlic, little salt, little pepper, and multigrain chips.


This is Kevin's meal...turkey dogs (he's SUCH a trooper). The "dog" part was all white meat turkey, "no fillers", "no added colors", and "no..." (something else I don't remember). It's topped with the turkey chili and fat free cheese. Then he also had the low sodium fritos and avocado dip. He endulged with a Pepsi...can't blame him for that!

I kept repeating to myself..."it's not what I eat, it's how much." I did NOT go back for seconds, and because of that, I was able to keep it just at 1600 calories for the day...a bit under actually!

All in all, a great opening day! The Yankees beat the Tigers, the Padres beat the Cardinals, and during that game Berkman outhit Pujols. Baseball has begun, and I'm ready to watch my DisAstros give it a shot against the Phillies this afternoon! GO 'STROS!!!

2 comments:

  1. 110 a wing? Wow! The turkey chili looks great! You made a good choice. I would have had a hard time turning down the coke though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ended up not buying Coke (sad), and I can't stand Pepsi. Certain beverages go with certain foods, ya know...lol!

    ReplyDelete