Sunday, April 24, 2011

Counting Calories Works...DANG IT ALL!!!

I don't know why I get so upset about all this, but I do. I don't like change too much, and this is definate change. That being said, I have lost 5 pounds in the last month. Last night for dinner I shared a pizza with Kevin, and my side had no cheese. See, that would be extra calories, fat and cholesterol that I don't want. I did notice the crust was much crispier.

Every day, I look in the mirror and see how much this program/routine is working. I also see how big I have become. I still can't believe I let myself gain so much weight, and get so out of shape. 37 pounds since I got married almost 8 years ago...geesh! Now, I've dropped 11 of it. Hopefully, this 5 pounds a month thing will work out, now that I've figured out how to do it.

Also, I'm a "produce pal." We have this program at work, and I'm on a team of 5 people. We log in how much produce we eat in a day, and it gets scored and compared to other teams. As of last week, we were 261 out of 377. We have some work to do, but I get a kick out of logging in more points than they do...hahaha! My "Monica-tude" emerges! (Friends reference, in case you missed that)

All that being said, I'm off to Easter lunch...LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment