Friday, April 22, 2011

I Cheated On The Mick!

LA Fitness has a website, where I, as a member, can go to sign up for future training sessions. I am able to sign up two weeks in advance. A couple of weeks ago, I logged in, and The Mick was already full. He had NOT ONE SPOT open for the whole week (this week). So, I had to keep my routine...I signed up with Justin! Who's Justin? Had no idea! He just had an open spot when I wanted to go. So, I went, tip-toeing through the gym, hoping not to get caught. I met Justin, a young guy, Army vet (poor guy has lost vision in one eye because of a blast in Iraq...had to stay on his left so he could see me). As an aside, he has a great attitude, and I'm impressed with his enthusiasm. We focused on upper body, and my arms felt like they were going to fall off by the end. He is evil, just like The Mick, but in his own way...geesh! During my workout...I was busted. I look up and The Mick is waving at me. OOPS! I waved back, of course. Later, on my way out, he stops me and asks why I didn't have him to workout. I just laid it out there, "You were booked, I had to cheat on you." He laughed. I assured him I would have him again next week! I may alternate between him and Justin now. I liked the variation. Shhhh.....

No comments:

Post a Comment