Friday, January 6, 2012

Confessions and Such

Not too far into this new year, and I already have confessions...woah! Not too bad though. I was going to quit blogging. I was getting bored with it, so I thought I'd be done. Well, things are getting interesting again, so I want to be able to look back and see how I made it through. Still no answer on what's causing this pain. I've decided to go to a holistic doctor. You know the kind. A whole body work up to include what I eat, how I sleep (or don't sleep), how I exercise, what causes me stress, how I relax (do I even do that??), etc., and then he comes back with some kind of way for me to "find my Zen" (just an expression people...nobody freak out). Herbal this and that, maybe accupuncture, maybe nutritional changes, Yoga...who knows. Several friends swear by this, and since conventional medicine ain't workin', I've got to try something. My mom went to one of these docs for a while, as did her best friend. It helped both of them...my mom with her diabetes, and her friend with digestion. To control cholesterol, my dad is a vegetarian because conventional medication causes too many side effects. So, I guess the nut ain't falling far from the tree :-)

The Mick is working with me at a much lighter pace, so as not to aggrivate my issues, but still keep the workout routine going. I haven't weighed in a couple of weeks, so I have no idea how that's even going. Don't want to really. Walking helps the pain, for whatever that's worth. I've been trying to get about 30 minutes a day, but sometimes I just can't. I made it through my work week. Glad to have today off.

I have a "packet" coming from the good doctor, and I've had to start logging what I eat. Should be interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment