Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Post-Spin Recovery

Here we are...4 DAYS since the spin class, and my quads are FINALLY not twitchy, "jello-y", fatigued, floppy, or in pain. WHEW! That was a trip! I even couldn't play in my last kickball game last night :-( My wonderful husband gave me the best advice..."Go sit in the sauna, then stretch it out." Sounds so simple...did he realize it's 110 degrees outside?!?! I did it anyway, and bada-bing, bada-boom, I have a pain free morning! ALSO, used IcyHot (IcyHeat...whatever it's called) for the first time. Uh...has anyone told those people that their product smells like Pepto on crack?? That's quite the inticing smell to have on you when it's bedtime (if you know what I mean...wink, wink).

So, when I first started stretching on Saturday, I had to have Kevin help me. I sat on the floor with my legs out in front of me, thinking I would just touch my toes for a good stretch. HA! My hammies were so mad at me that I could do nothing more than sit up straight. I had to have Kevin hold my arms and pull me forward to stretch. Also, I couldn't grab my foot when I kicked back my leg to stretch my quad. Kevin had to hand me my foot (that sounds wierd..anyway...) so I could stretch it out. Needless to say, 4 DAYS LATER, I am able to reach my toes again, sitting and kicking. YEA!!


Who wouldn't want to touch those toes? JK! Stay away from my feet!!!

Losing weight again. Good thing, there ya go. I haven't been weighing everyday. It really is just too annoying. Small problem with it though is that I thought I hadn't gained "that much" weight since I've been down and out. HA! I gained 5. Not a huge big deal, but when those 5 were so hard to lose the first time, I've got my work cut out for me.

GRRRRRRRR!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment