Friday, July 22, 2011

First Spin Class

Last week, while at lunch with the wonderful friend who put trash on my plate so I'd stop eating, it was decided that we would go shopping today. I have every Friday off, and her job is flexible, so it's a plan. I check in yesterday to make sure we are still on, and she says, yes, but she needs to workout first. Ok, I'll join in, no biggie. We both belong to the same club. Then, the kicker...spin class, she says. Well, I've never done a spin class, and they look just totally exhausted at the end of those things. BUT, sure, why not? Then, the real kicker...5:45 AM!! WHAT?!?!?!!!! HUH????? REALLY?????!!!!! That would be a yes. Ok, sure, why not?

I've been going to the gym now since the week before Christmas. I now know who the regulars are, and have nicknamed most of them. Of course, there's The Mick, Fryer Tuck (should see his hair), Steroid (figure that out on your own), Bouncy Booby Girl (I blogged about her early on when The Mick lost his focus in our session that time), and Hamburger Guy, plus a few more. Hamburger Guy gets his name because he is so skinny, that we think he needs to eat a hamburger, or two. Hamburger Guy was our spinning instructor!!! FOR REAL?!? Who knew?! He has a VERY dry sense of humor, and monotone delivery. He commented on the songs that were playing. For instance, "Yeah, sex is hot. Hot like the summers in Texas." OK, FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!! The phrase "sex is hot" was in the song...don't even know the song. I think I'm going to now rename him Creepy Monotone Guy (that needs a hamburger).

I made it through the class. VERY difficult at times, felt VERY wobbly at the end, BUT a VERY good workout. Will probably do this again. We'll see what the pain is like later. For now, it's only 1:30. I'm going to take a nap. I've been up a while, and it IS my day off!

P.S. We did go shopping afterward :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment