Friday, April 20, 2012

This Has Gone On WAY TOO LONG!!

What to say? I'm plugging along through this journey of restricted diet and random episodes of fatigue. I would love to sit here and type about my successful ability to overcome the diet restricitons, but such is not yet the case. At my last doc appointment he said I could start trying to add some things back into my diet, like raw veggies, gluten free stuff, and some grains. Well, so far, every time I try to add stuff, I have this wierd allergic reaction to it all. I have NEVER had food allergies, so this is really a shock to my psyche. I have been able to figure out that anything with flour, corn, corn products (corn syrup, corn starch, etc), and raw celery (cooked ok...random)cause these allergic reactions. The reactions are not pleasant at all, and have made me scared to eat. So, I've decided to stop trying things and just go back to the original restrictions. Less complicated, and less fearful. On a positive note, I was able to eat a mini Snickers without consequence...oh, happy day! Also, on a positive note, I have found that recipes are much better tasting without the canned products. I had no idea how much I relied on canned tomatoes. I love the fresh taste of the tomatoes, although when cooked, they are not as red as the canned ones. I haven't checked a can of tomatoes, but I'll be there's some dye in it or something. Things like chili, spaghetti sauce, okra and tomatoes, and veggie soup have taken on a remarkable new flavor. Then, there's the random, unexpected episodes of fatigue. This was a very common occurance when all this health stuff began back in November. It took me from November until January to be able to complete a full work week (which is, actually, only 32 hours for me...nice, huh). This week for the first time since then, I missed church on Sunday and a day of work this week. I just don't get it, but that's what Doc Brown is for. I'll see him next week. I'm just tired of all this change and stuff. I'm hoping for some resemlance of normalcy to rise from the rubble. Any day now...it's coming...I'm sure of it! And, I realize this looks like some stream of consciousness thing. I tried to make paragraphs, and blogger is being stubborn today.

2 comments: