Wednesday, April 25, 2012

HOPE!!!

I have hope after yesterday's visit to Doc Brown. I'm allergic to wheat, for sure. Not so much the other stuff. He gave me a run down of what wheat(aka. flour) is used for, in addition to the usual suspects. For instance, it's the white powder on gum. I chew gum everday to keep me from eating snacks in the afternoon. That means I'm injesting something I'm allergic to every afternoon. The extreme fatigue and muscle cramps are part of the allergic reaction. Additionally, I have an occasional burger (allergic to the bun), dessert (allergic to...deep sigh...cake), or pasta. I'm evidently so sensitive to wheat that even the occasional indulgence is a BAD THING!! I'm having a Celiac panel test today. He says that there is a spectrum of wheat allergy...from no allergy to Celiac disease. He does not think I have Celiac, however I am on that side of the spectrum with an intense allergy to it. We'll have a more specific idea of how allergic I am after the test today. Good news is I'm not allergic to potatoes, rice, quinoa, and a few other grains. OH! And the VERY interesting part is I've been allergic my entire life. He compared it to a smoker. The first time someone smokes, they cough, hack, choke, tear up, etc. After a while, the body adjusts. While the smoker doesn't feel the effects, the nicotine is slowly harming the body. Same thing here. When I was a baby, Mom and Dad gave me something with wheat. I became fussy, and it was attributed to just being a baby. My body got used to it, I didn't notice the symptoms, and it's been slowly harming my body. In January, I detoxed for the parasite, and now I feel the effects. SO INTERESTING!!! AND...it's explains so much! I can think back, and recognize symptoms I was having that I attributed to other things. Anyway, I'm glad that's "all that's left to fix." I did some walking this week too, without getting dizzy. Hopefully, I can get back to the gym soon.

2 comments:

  1. Joanna! My youngest child is also allergic to wheat (and 14 other food items)! If you ever find a decent bread...I would love the recipe or the info on where to buy it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going gluten-free recipe book shopping this weekend, so I'll let you know if I find something good. Sorry about your kiddo, but glad y'all caught it early.

      Delete