Sunday, April 29, 2012

Gluten Free Brownies...and Communion

These are the gluten free brownies I made this weekend. I got the recipe from www.glutenfreegoddess.blogspot.com. They are pretty good (especially with some Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla on top), and I can tell a difference when I eat them compared to regular ones. This is truly amazing to me, that I've had this my entire life, and had no earthly idea. I felt like getting out this afternoon, when I would normally spend the entire afternoon asleep. I went shopping because...drum roll...I'm down ANOTHER SIZE, thank you very much!! I'm feeling so much better, and praise God for the discovery. (insert segway here) Speaking of God, I was at church this morning, and, as is usual, we take Communion. Today, I noticed I had an allergic reaction to the cracker. Now, this is going to sound crazy, but I've had these reactions every Sunday since I started taking Communion...6th grade. Also crazy, since the reaction is my throat closing up, I thought it was because I was feeling claustrophobic sitting in the middle of the pew, around so many people. What if I'm NOT claustrophobic??!! OH MY GOODNESS, THIS IS CRAZY!! What if it's just because I'm allergic to the cracker, it closes my throat, and that's what's uncomfortable? AND, do you realize how SMALL of a smidgen of cracker I actually eat for Communion???!!! WOW! Amazing, I tell ya! Kevin and I googled gluten-free communion cracker, and there they were...on amazon.com. I'm bringing my own from now on, and it's about to get real spiritual up in here!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment