Friday, April 27, 2012

Like Sands Through The Hour Glass...

....so, I begin the gluten-free days of my life. I'm amazed at this whole situation. First of all, there is such a joyful freedom just knowing what has been causing these problems. I don't have to be afraid of food, or guess if something is or isn't going to get me sick. It has been a week and a day since my last gluten consumption, and I still feel the effects of it. It takes a while for it to get out of the system...about a month, doc says. Over the last 48 hours I've been obsessed with reading about gluten-free living. Most of the information is on websites dedicated to Celiac disease...www.celiac.com; www.celiac.org; www.celiaccentral.org; www.cureceliacdisease.org...just to name a few. When I started this blog, I had no idea it would take me here. I started with intent to feel better by changing my bad eating and lack of exercise habits. In my mind, when I think about all the things I'm going to learn about gluten allergy, and all the things I'm going to want to post here, I cringe, because I don't want to be another one of "those" blogs, where the focus is about the writer's aliments. BUT, we'll see how this goes. I'm embarking on something life changing though, I just know it! If I have more energy than I've ever had,well then...you people need to brace yourselves :-) This is how I feel
And definately how I'm about to look!! Lost 22 pounds so far, and it's still coming off. (insert another jump here!!) Ok, and this girl seems more tan than I'll ever be, but these are just details...

No comments:

Post a Comment