Friday, March 2, 2012

Time To Celebrate!!

I've lost 20 pounds! Who'da thought I could do that?! Certainly not me. I really haven't been motivated to actually lose weight during this whole thing, however, it's obvioulsy not a bad thing. The conversation with Doc Brown went something like this:

Me: "So, just so I can hear it out loud...this diet is not because of the parasite, but a lifestyle change for the rest of my life that I was tricked into?"

DB: "Yes...it's a lifestyle change you'll need to follow, or you can not follow it, and have to come see me every month for the rest of your life with something wrong."

Me: "I was tricked."

DB: "Ok" (insert devious smile)

So, on an obvious note, I feel so much better since I've started seeing him, that I'm going to accept the trickery that got me here. He did say that eventually, "NOT NOW", I'll be able to experiment with some foods (wheat, soy, corn, grains, sugar, etc.) to see what my sensitivity level actually is.

Back to the celebration...20 pounds!!! Holla!! Maybe it's because it's been 8 weeks since I've had anything sweet, but this was one of the best brownies EVER! It was topped with chocolate mousse, whipped cream, and chocolate sauce. FABULOUS! I had no problem digging in!

No comments:

Post a Comment