Sunday, November 27, 2011

You Gotta Fight For Your Right To Parrrrrr-Tay

My Mom was a champ at living life in spite of her pain. She was a great example of not giving in, and said many, many times over, "I can hurt at home, or I can hurt at (church, the mall, the baseball game, the movie, etc.)...so, I might as well be at (the aforementioned not-at-home places)." This is a HARD motto to follow. It sounded admirable at the time, but I wasn't in pain, and had NO IDEA what she really meant. Now that I am in constant stomach pain, I've tried to live by this, and the Mom "WOW factor" just went up a bajillion notches. She was an AMAZING woman!

So, this was me yesterday living the motto. My nephew was in town. Either I give in to the pain, stay home, and miss the entire thing, or I just go for it. I went for it.
These...
Turned into these...
That turned into this!

TOTALLY worth it! Did I sleep well...nope! Am I fighting again today...yep! Will it be worth it...better be (LOL!)! I pray that when the doc's office opens tomorrow at 8am, I will be able to find out some answers, and begin the end of this mess.

Again...KUDOS to my AMAZING Mom for being an AWESOME example!

No comments:

Post a Comment