Thursday, November 24, 2011

Turkey and the Trots

Is that like Benny and the Jets? Anyway, Happy Thanksgiving, for starters! Now, I registered for the Turkey Trot in Houston this morning, however, here I sit at home in Euless. What's funny about that is that this is the second event I've signed up for, and not made because of some strange medical condition. Well, third time will be the charm. There are several events locally over the next several months. And, I WILL trot next year, oh yes, I WILL TROT!!

So, we stayed home for my obvious need to not travel and to take it easy. Kevin then decided to invite the in-laws up here for Thanksgiving lunch. I'm NOT cooking, or doing anything special here. I feel like crap. So, on his own, he found out that Cracker Barrel has a package Thanksgiving meal for 6, and swiftly ordered it for today. It comes with turkey, ham, dressing, gravy, cranberries, biscuits, corn bread, and 3 sides. AND...it's only $50! $50!! We like Cracker Barrel, so hopefully this will make a fine sub. Paper plates, plastic table cloth, and all other things tossable have been purchased. Now we wait and watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.


This is one of my favorite floats because who isn't thankful for Snoopy?

And for my weight update, I have lost some more eating my doctor enforced protein/carb diet.

AAAHHHHH...Mickey just floated by :-) I like Mickey Mouse too...lol! Ooooh, look! Ronald McDonald's foot is deflated. What up wit dat?

Happy Thanksgiving America!

No comments:

Post a Comment