Sunday, August 14, 2011

Size Does Matter!

I was out shopping about a month ago, and found myself in a conundrum. The size pants/shorts I'm used to buying...too big!! FINALLY, right?!? Well, then I tried on the next size smaller. Here's what happened. Are they going to make it over the saddlebags...yes! Are they going to make it over the hips...yes! Am I going to be able to button them up...YES! Spin around and take a look in the mirror...OH NO! Very huggy all over...BOO! So, although they fit over all the "areas", they surely don't look good on. Conundrum! So, while in the dressing room, I'm talking to my friend who says makes the logical statement. I will probably want to wear the clothes now, so get the bigger ones. And, my favorite comment was that when people see how baggy they are, they'll compliment me on HOW MUCH weight I've lost! Well, that did it for me :-) Bigger it is.

So, today, a month-ish later, I'm in Target grocery shopping. I'm wearing my bigger sized shorts with a belt that is cinched up to the last hole. I reach up to get a vegetable off the top shelf, and, you guessed it! Had to abruptly drop the cucumber to make sure my shorts didn't end up on the floor! HOW IS IT THAT I'M STILL NOT THE NEXT SIZE DOWN?? Maybe I am now, and can get to go shopping again :-) I thought it was pretty comical!

No comments:

Post a Comment