Thursday, August 11, 2011

Ride, Sally, Ride

So...spin class...

This is just a facinating phenom to me. I've been told that you can work off up to 1000 calories in one session!! That's almost a whole day's worth of calories!!! It works every muscle in your body. Even my forearms are a little tight this morning. Amazing!

The Wednesday morning instructor is not Creepy Monotone Guy. She's a 1st grade teacher. It's more of a nurturing environment. No gross sex talk. She skips past the pop songs of today, and played some excellent 70's-80's rock-n-roll! Ya know...back when guitars used to sing too :-)

Ok, so here's the personal assessment for the week! As much as I type about all this, and as much as I seem committed on "paper", I still have a lot of work to do. Hanging out at a 10 pound loss for way too long. Need to kick it into gear. My actual goal was to lose 40 pounds. Got 30 more to go, and have for a looooong time now. It is definitely more of a commitment that I thought it was going to be. It's every meal, all day long. And yes, even on the weekend...boo! And yes, even when I'm out of town...boo! And yes, even when I'm hanging out with friends...boo! It's going to the gym, for real, 4-5 times a week. Discipline and commitment. Crazy words, I tell ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment