Sunday, October 17, 2010

Hiatus is Officially Over

Here's the sum of the last month. First, my birthday...which is written about in "Benihana or Bust." Then, straight to vacation. I did meet my target weight for the trip, and that was a good thing, because we enjoyed ourselves. I came back 2.5 lbs more than when I left. Great trip to Eureka Springs, AR. I sort-of watched things like cholesterol, but did not really take calories into account.

There were breakfast buffets with eggs, bacon, potatoes, and pancakes at Pancakes:


Another birthday dinner at DeVitos with spaghetti and meat balls, fried cheese, and birthday cake...YUM CAKE!!!


Salsa (Scorned Woman) from the salsa store. Hottest I've EVER eaten, however tastiest!!


Our own tasty hamburger and homemade fries dinner :-)



And more cake...at the German restaurant. Had some of the tastiest soup at that place. Called it cream of sauerkraut soup,but it was more like a sweet and sour beef stew. I liked it :-)


(Not sure why the pics are so small...not enough of a tech-y to fix it either...boo)

We got back, and I promptly got sick. For two weeks, all I did was eat what Kevin decided to eat. He was sooooo great, and went every night to get us dinner. He's not much into cooking. He can cook, if he has time to prep for it, but an everyday dinner situation is not his style. He is a great "forager" of dinner though. So, obviously I didn't watch anything those two weeks either. So, for a total of 5.5 lbs gained over three weeks. No exercise, not watching what I ate, boo on that!

So, last week, I started up with the food thing again, and lost my "sick weight." Now to lose my "vacation weight" and get down 10 more lbs by Thanksgiving. That gives me 6 weeks to lose 10 lbs. Very doable!!

Also, I started exercising again just today. I forgot about that part. It's been about 4 weeks now since I've exercised, so back to it I go.

All this combined gives me about 8 weeks before I go back to the doc for the check up to see if all this is working the way I want it to. I really hope it works. This has been a heck of a several months.

No comments:

Post a Comment