Sunday, August 22, 2010

Keep Going!!

College story:

I went to ACU, and living on campus, I had a curfew. Freshman year, during finals week, several of my friends and I decided to sneak out of the dorm and go meet the boys to "study" at The Kettle. The room we chose to sneak out of faced the security building. We timed the rotation of the security guards as they passed the window in their car, so we could make our escape in stealth mode. Why I remember this part, who knows, but it was 11 minute intervals. So, the security guard passes by, we have 11 minutes to break free. We all made it out the window, started running toward my car, and it was like we all hit a brick wall. We didn't notice there was a guard on foot. We made it about 10ish steps before running into him. Out of sheer determination to make it work, I yell, "KEEP GOING!!!" We all did, and made it to The Kettle unscathed.

Forward to today:

Trying to find this determination for this lifestyle change. Honestly, it's mentally exhausting. I know it's good for me. I know it will keep me from having medical problems. I like the food I'm eating. AH HA!!! Maybe I'm not good a breakups!!! LOL!!! I should think of this like a breakup! I'm breaking up with fat, grease, fried whatever. I was once told that the time it takes someone to get over a boyfriend is twice as long as the relationship lasted. OH BOY...I'm in trouble. I've had a very long relationship with fried, greasy, cheesy goodness. Breaking up with food...who knew?!?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment