Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Research and Planning...boy, that sounds like fun...

Looked at many-a-meal-plans today. They actually include many of the things I already eat. I don't think the actual food I'm eating will be an issue, it's just adjusting to how much...or little...haha! The most shocking thing I found looking around at stuff is just how much sodium and how many calories are in restaurant food. I mean, as a chef, I knew that there was more than "some salt" in foods, but geesh!! One meal may have enough salt for 2 days. One meal also has at least half of the daily recommended calorie intake. So, eat a salad at Chili's and that's half your day's calories right there. A SALAD!!! I guess we're changing our eating out habits now too. I like eating out...I don't have to clean up the kitchen afterward :-) Kevin may be forced into losing weight since I'm the cook. "And the two shall become one" just took on a new meaning for him...lol!!

The website I found for all restaurant nutritional facts is www.dietfacts.com
Enter if you dare...

My friend, Angie, suggested I log my meals on www.mydailyplate.com Checked out the website and it is very usable. I say "chicken" and it spits out a calorie number. I say "root beer" and it tells me I had too much sugar today (like I didn't know that already...ha). I can log my exercise and it calculates input vs. output letting me know if I met my 1600 calorie goal or not. Much easier than what I anticipated with pen and paper. I, too, can catch up with technology...just watch!!

So the surprise is that I've not been eating up to 1600 calories the past two days. I've been restricting myself more than I should be...PHEW!!! Cuz I was gettin' hungry!! Basically, I need to eat more breakfast. Uh...ok, I'm on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment